50 years ago, people who had missing teeth had few options. People would be either told about a dental bridge, partial denture, or full dentures. Now, dental implants offer one of the best dental treatments of choice for people missing one or more teeth. Many people inquire about dental implant information and search online for dental implant question answers and what to expect when getting dental implants placed into the mouth. . Common dental implant question includes, “How does the dental implant go into the mouth?” Or are dental implants safe? Find dentist implant answers about dental implants in this local dental implant blog. We at DentalChat are looking to better inform people about dental care. As always, it is good to communicate well with your dentist and to understand your dental treatment plan.
Some important dental implant points to keep in mind:
1. Dental implants are a great way of replacing one or more missing teeth.
2. Dental implants can be expensive and may not be covered by your dental insurance plan.
3. Dental implant screw or dental implant that is screwed into your jaw, is only one part of the procedure. Most times your dental implant crown is a separate procedure and separate cost.
4. Your dental bone analysis in your mouth is important. Some people may require a dental bone graft.
5. Dental implants need to be well maintained after placement into the mouth. All your teeth and implants should use proper oral hygiene.
Dental Implant Info, Local Dental Implants Questions and Dental Implants Answers:
Dental implants revolutionize the opportunities for patients missing some or all of their teeth. There are multiple options to solve nearly every problem related to missing teeth or loose dentures. As we will discuss, dental implants are a great way for people to treat one or more missing teeth. We will discuss various aspects of dental implant treatment, as many people want to fully understand what is a dental implant and what is a dental implant crown. Many people have local dentist implant questions to ask dentists since they are many times concerned about pain & costs involved. As we will discuss, dental implants can be costly - with costs varying from office to dental office.
Common Dental Implants Question Discussion - What Is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is usually a titanium cylinder or another made from another type of material that’s placed into the jawbone to support a dental crown, bridge, or denture. The threaded component of the dental implant replicates a tooth root and integrates with the jawbone to support function and beauty. A dental implant looks like a screw-like structure that is drilled gently or screwed gently into the jaw bone area of the mouth, where there used to be a tooth or teeth. Dental implant placement is usually done with a good dental treatment plan, to plan out all the details between the patient and dentist.
Local Dental Implant Questions:
People missing one or more teeth that want to replace their missing teeth may have 3 options to consider. We get asked many local missing tooth questions or missing teeth questions online. Here is some dental information about missing teeth options. Of course, having good dental imaging x-rays is important in understanding what is going on under the gums. We get asked many local missing tooth questions, people searching for help with dentist implant information questions, and people seeking dental implants answers. Post Your Dental Implant Question at DentalChat link. Dental Chat about dental implants and ask other dental questions online with us.
Missing Teeth Question & Missing Teeth Options - Dental Bridge Questions, Denture Dental Implant Treatment Questions and All on 4 Dental Implants Denture Information Chat:
Can you get a denture with dental implants? Can you get a dental bridge with dental implants? We are answering many local dental implant denture question or dental bridge question about dental implants as well. We get asked about All on 4 Dental Implant Denture Questions and do Online All on 6 Dental Implant Denture Chat Information with us.
1. Dental Bridge: For those that are missing one or two teeth, dentists may recommend a fixed bridge solution. People can now get virtual local teledentistry dental implant dental bridge consultation online as well. Now, some dentists it some regions in the world, do provide a dental bridge and dental implant treatment plans. This involves two teeth prepared with a dental handpiece next to the missing tooth or teeth area. Picture a bridge you may see while driving, with two supporting posts with a span of material between them. The two abutment teeth next to the missing tooth area are prepared and a dental impression is taken to create a model of the mouth. A dental bridge is made as a custom component, with a false or attached tooth in the middle to replace the missing tooth. Dental bridges often trap food under the bridge and often require altering two healthy abutment teeth.
2. Partial Denture or Full Denture: Dentures are called removable appliances because they can be taken in and out of the mouth. The problem with dentures is that they are movable and many people find them hard to eat with. Now people can get dentures with dental implants. This is sometimes called all on 4 or all on 6 dental implant denture solutions. The all on 4 dental implants denture treatment question we get asked, is why do 4 dental implants with a denture? All on 4 dental implants is basically saying that the top or bottom denture would be attached to 4 dental implants. All on 6 dental implants questions arise about usually, on why is my dentist suggesting 6 dental implants with a denture and not 4? Your dentist or oral surgeon, will evaluate your gums and dental bone bridge and provide an appropriate dental implant treatment plan. It is best for a patient, to fully understand what is going on. Also, discuss the full costs involved.
3. Dental implants Treatment: Modern dental implants were initially developed in the 1960s. These dental implants were developed by Dr. Branemark and used titanium. It wasn’t until the 1990s that dentists developed proficiency in placing dental implants as a routine procedure. This developed as dental implant technology became better and more affordable. In the last 15 years, dental implant technology has progressed and become more readily available for dental patients. Dental implant treatment has grown immensely over the past decade or so. It is now usually the treatment of choice for people missing a single tooth usually.
Let’s discuss some common dental implant questions we get asked: What Does A Dental Implant Consist Of?
A dental implant includes a cylinder that’s placed in the jawbone and a second component that’s attached to the implant. This may be a crown to replace one tooth, a bridge to replace multiple teeth, or a small attachment to hold a denture. Implants are usually made from titanium, but they may also be made from Zirconia, a non-metallic option or another type of dental implant materials coming into the marketplace.
How Long Can Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants can last a lifetime if patients take care of them with regular home care and regular dental visits. The greatest threat to an implant is bone loss, which is the most common way people lose their teeth, too. Poor oral hygiene and not maintaining good oral health care is another big reason that dental implants can fail.
Online Dental Implants Answers - Your Local Dental Implant Answer:
Dental implants if well maintained & done properly can last for a long time.
- Dental implants, just like teeth sometimes fail - that is, become loose or infected and may need to be taken out.
- Dental implant(s) in many cases, if done properly, maybe the best option for those missing a single tooth. Of course, a proper dental treatment plan, and proper dental imaging x-rays should be done prior to starting. This is done so as to make sure there is proper dental bone, and to do proper positioning/placement of the dental implant in the mouth.
Do Dental Implants Sometimes Fail?
Like all procedures, dental implants can fail. However, the success rate for a dental implant is over 95%. Careful protocols used by clinicians help ensure implants integrate into the jawbone and get a healthy start. Once they’re integrated, daily homecare helps keep them healthy for many years.
Common Dental Implants Question - Why Do Dental Implants Fail?
Dental implants only fail about 5% of the time. But gum disease, a bacterial condition, can cause inflammation around the implant and subsequent bone loss. This leading cause of tooth loss is the primary threat to teeth AND implants. In rare cases, the small screw that attaches the crown and implant can break. However, they can usually be replaced without disturbing the implant.
What Are The Most Popular Brands Of Dental Implants?
There are currently over 100 dental implant companies in the world. While the original pioneer, Branemark, continues to provide quality products, so do many other companies. The brand is much less important than the expertise of the clinician placing the implant. With the right protocols and techniques, most implant brands provide exceptional results. The best brand is the one that the clinician is comfortable using. Some of the top dental implant companies are Straumann, and Nobel Biocare.
Does The Dental Implant Come With A Crown - Dental Implant Crown Information Question?
For those getting a single dental implant placement - dental crown placement is very important. Many people want to ask local dentist implant questions online and get local dental implant answers online. A dental implant may be used in multiple ways. If it’s replacing a single tooth, a crown will be attached to the top of it. These are called a dental implant crown. The dental implant is placed first into the jaw, and then a permanent crown is made in the lab. A common dental implant crown question is how long do I have to wait after the dental implant placement to get a dental crown? In most cases, 3-4 months time people are told to wait for the dental implant to integrate into the jaw bone - or to allow for the implant integration into the bone to happen. But sometimes, a temporary crown can be placed on the implant right away.
Dental Implant Crown Discussion, Tele Dental Implants Crown Information, Dental Implant Crown Questions - What Are The Best Kind Of Dental Implant Crowns and what is a dental implant crown question?
Dental implant crowns are an important part of the dental implant treatment - without the dental implant crown, the patient does not have something to chew on. The same materials used to make dental crowns for teeth can generally be used to make implant crowns. Some designs include all-porcelain materials including Zirconia and eMax. In other cases, a combination of porcelain fused to metal can be used. Some clinicians may also choose an all-metal crown for back teeth, but this design is the least common today. The dental implant crown is attached to the top of the dental implant abutment. Many times, people have to wait to get a permanent dental implant crown - that is, first the dental implant is placed into the mouth. Then after waiting for a couple weeks or longer, the dental implant crown is placed. A dental impression of the dental implant abutment is needed, for the dental lab to make the dental implant crown. Common local dental implant questions are - can I get an immediate dental implant or an immediate dental implant crown placement? There are some dental practices doing same-day dental implant placement and dental crown placement. These dental practices have everything ready prior to dental implant placement. As always, it is best to have a good dental treatment plan - and understand the dental implant treatment plan with your dentist, periodontist or oral surgeon.
Can I Get A Dental Implant After A Tooth Extraction?
A dental implant may be placed after a tooth is removed, but each case must be evaluated for a custom solution. Single-rooted teeth, like incisors, can often be replaced with an implant on the same day as the extraction. But multiple-rooted teeth, like molars, usually can not be. But the decision depends on the quality of the bone and whether there’s an existing infection or the need for grafting.
Dental bone grafting information questions - What Is A Dental Bone Graft Question?
Some people that are getting a tooth extracted, are recommended to get a dental bone graft placement at the time of tooth extraction. Especially, those planning on getting a dental implant placed into that area of the mouth. Why? Because your dentist wants to preserve as much dental jaw bone in that area and to have the least amount of bone resorption due to a tooth extraction.. A dental implant requires good quality bone around it to hold it firmly in place. In some cases, patients may have a thin bone or poor jaw bone density. Bone quality can be improved in the area with a bone graft. This additional bone comes from several different sources, including cadavers. If you’re having a tooth removed and want to consider an implant in the future, it’s a good idea to request grafting material in the site at the time of extraction. But there are grafting possibilities for almost every case if you’re interested in a solid implant solution.
Dental Implants Cost Question Chat, Dental Implant Insurance Coverage Questions Discussion - How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants can be used in many different ways for a custom, personalized solution. We do get asked many local dental implants price questions online, about how much dental implants will cost? The costs vary significantly depending on how implants will be used. For example, a single implant with a crown may cost between $3000-6000, though this can vary depending on the dental practice & the city, state, or country. An implant-supported denture may cost $10,000-20,000. But these costs vary widely across the country, so the best option is to discuss your specific needs with a qualified implant dentist. One thing to keep in mind is that dental implants are usually not covered by most dental insurance policies.
Dental Implant X-rays Information Question - What Kind Of Dental X-rays Need For Dental Implants?
Traditional x-rays can provide some information about the bone in your jaw. But today, 3-D images are the standard of care for predictable implant planning. Known as CBCT (Cone-Beam Computed Tomography), this imaging provides essential information about the thickness and density of bone, along with identification of other key structures in the area. Modern software programs allow clinicians to place virtual implants into the scans to help them choose the exact size, length, and placement for your specific situation.
Can I Do Teledental Dental Implant Consult?
Teledentistry is rapidly becoming a mainstream option for patients to gather information about implants. Dental implant teledental consulting is happening more and more between patients and dentists remotely. While patients require the proper imaging and examination prior to treatment, a virtual consult allows patients to discuss the possibilities with their dentist before committing to the next step. They can discuss their concerns, health history, costs, and more from the comfort of their own home. Teledental dental implants virtual consulting visits, like those available through DentalChat providers - can offer an excellent forum for dental implant questions after dental implant placement. The general public is becoming familiar with these visits, and innovative clinicians are adding this service as part of their communication platform.
Summary: Local Missing Tooth Question Discussion Online, Dental implant information online, and using tele dental implant consultation online. Answering Local Dental Implants Questions & Online Teledentistry Dental Implant Consulting about what is a dental implant? Many people want to get more dental implants information online, have dental implant cost questions, and dental implants treatment answers they are looking for online.
For those that have a missing tooth, getting a dental implant may be a good choice? Many people go online to get more local dental implant information, ask dentist implant questions, and get local teledentistry dental implant answers. We are at DentalChat providing local dental implant answers to your local dentist implant questions online. Can do a teledentist implant consultation or live dental implant video consult as well. Getting dental implants can be a great way of replacing a missing tooth. Of course, one needs to take care of their teeth (including dental implants) with regular dental prophy and a good oral health care regimen at home. Live Dental Chat Online with us and more. We are at DentalChat looking to help people Find Local Dentists with us.
We are at DentalChat.com looking to add interesting local dentist articles & are networking with local dentists and best local dental practices. Add a Best Teledentistry Service and Local Dental ChatBot / Virtual Dental Assistant to your dental website with us.